[Bordermarch] stark museum exhibit

Bill C Burgin billcburgin at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 07:49:51 PST 2010

Visited this exhibit... the manuscripts are beautiful, the tapestries are loom woven and date from the 1920's...
there is a children's 'hands on' area where kids can weave on a loom that is set up (hand-style), and learn about dyes, etc. - I even learned something there: do you know why the illuminations are called 'miniatures,' regardless of their size? Or why a prayer book was called a 'book of hours'?  The detail and artistry in these manuscripts is truly amazing!
There are also some lovely books and other items in the gift shop... and it costs nothing to get in!
Definitely worth the drive...
Ericus
Happiness is more than the absence of unhappiness