[Bordermarch] NEWS

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Jul 13 04:56:09 PDT 2010

Greetings Bordermarch,

I've received word from a sketchy sort of person that Sir Simonn, Countess Tessa, and Lord Zane will be returning home today. This will certainly put a kink in our plans to plunder and pillage their abode, but  I know for a fact that they will have to acclimate themselves to the beautiful East Texas weather before they are 100 percent again.

A few thoughts now cross my brain;

1)      "Will Lord Zane's collective growth of facial hair have culminated to the point of totally obscuring his twinkling eyes?"

2)      "Could the beautiful Countess Tessa have possibly returned home with another Inuit Eskimo parsnip whale blubber stew recipe?"

3)      "Has Sir Simonn finally learned how to scrimshaw a collage of his squires on a walrus tooth?"

I have also heard that Lord Brand Eirikr has indeed found a local group of SCA'rs to spar with. I gladdens my heart to know that he will still be in prime shape to do battle when he returns.

HE Elisabeth will be journeying to Round Table this weekend with a motley group of Bordermarchers. I would ask that all pray for their safe passage and another short but comfortable stay in jail should they get arrested for talking too much while driving.

Our band will playing a tribute concert at the Logon Café this weekend to honor of our drummer Mark Hidalgo. Mark was our long-time friend who recently lost his battle with cancer.

August 7th is still the tentative date for our A&S day at Simonn and Tessa's place, soooooo get your stuff together to teach, gather your meat and veggies, try on that swimsuit to see if it still fits, and come join your friends and family for a day of fun!