[Bordermarch] A&S Day on the 18th!

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Fri Jul 16 11:59:57 PDT 2010

Greetings Bordermarch,

Our A&S day, 'SSSSlash' Swimming Party, 'SSSSlash' gathering at Sir Simonn's and Tessa's abode, 'SSSSlash' shameless, gluttonous annual consumption of barbecued Hebrew National hot dogs is predicted to take place 6.5 weeks from now, on August 7th. Even though the moon will be full on the 7th, the sun's noon-day brightness should blot out its glare.

Let us now ponder the conundrum that so perplexed our medieval counterparts that it drove a lasting wedge between the intellectual class and the not-so-smart folk of the day.
This so-called 'Wedge' created a movement whose impetus was the reason Leonardo da Vinci penned his famous comparison between people who do not ponder and bushes and sheep!

This is the conundrum: 'Does the moon swivel about its own axis as it circles the earth, and if so, does it swivel east or west?'

Our current A&S Champion, Lady Carletta will be teaching the ancient art of 'komohoho-ho' to any who are interested in learning how to bind a Japanese to an oven mitten.

I am trying to shame Lord Nik, our current A&S officer, into teaching a rudimentary class about Stained Glass work. Since he's already read the book, perhaps we could get some feedback on our list pertaining to who might be interested in observing Lord Nik  teach. We must not, I repeat, WE MUST NOT! forget that Lord Nik is well versed in the art of "One potato-Two potato drop the egg on HE Elisabeth's new floor", combine that skill with a wife who can stuff a dwarf into a pie and make you like it, and you've got one heck of a demonstration!

I shall be setting up a small forge in Lord Zane's bedroom to demonstrate some basic Blacksmithing stuff. Due to the fire hazard of the forge's flames, Lord Zane will have to relocate his collection of Power Ranger figurines out into the shop.
I'll have some railroad spikes for those who want to try their hand at making a knife.

I know we have other classes happening but I seem to have forgotten what they were.
Here's a few suggestions for classes that I know our Bordermarcher's could teach with their arm's behind their backs:

1.       Lady Padraigin---"Tumbling and the Unicycle."

2.       Countess Tessa---"Testing the toxicity of that unknown garden herb by feeding it to your husband first."

3.       Lord Beau---"How to draw a really scary medieval looking Octopus with period crayons."

4.       HE Elisabeth--- "A beginners course for those who would learn how to breathe through one's eyes while talking."

5.       Lady Jillian---"A lecture on the ancient tools the Welsh used to steam pomegranates in preparation for their jelly-making."

6.       Lord Chrestien----"How to tilt a spiffy pirate hat just right so as to not offend."

7.       Lady Collecte---"The Art of the Muffin."

8.       Lord Adolf---"A collection of cranks with a dissertation as to why the medieval man felt compelled to turn them."

9.       Lord Zane---"The Renaissance Man's grooming techniques for out-of-control facial hair."

10.   HE Don Armand---"How to be a Don without being there."

There is so much talent in our small barony we might not have enough in the day time for all to teach a class.
If there would be some other classes you would like to see presented during our A&S Day on the 2nd, post it to this-har list and we'll see what we can do.

 HE Elisabeth is out of town this weekend representing Bordermarch at Round Table, as a special favor to her I'll be doing very little around the house so my strength will be at its zenith when she returns.