[Bordermarch] 'ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org'; Barony Bordermarch

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 11:43:27 PDT 2010

Let us see if this will go through.

________________________________
From: Yahoo Mail [mailto:momma_cammie at yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:27 PM
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.; 'ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org'; Barony
Bordermarch
Subject: A Recap of the SCA Demo in Crockett, Texas (long post)

Good Gentles,

Words have failed me until now.

On July 17th I saw the hearts of the SCA open in the generous and loving nature
that IS Ansteorra and step in by adding our Demo to a Blood Drive, Silent
Auction and Raffle to help a family raise money to pay some really
crippling hospital bills (just one of the bills they are facing is
$1,310,375.01!) after losing their 13 yr old daughter to Rheumatoid Arthritis on
April 14th.  Tory's mother, grandmother, grandfather and aunt were totally blown
away by the effort the SCA took to pull this together and have been singing our
praises in the Corsicana area.

To everyone who attended the Demo, or made it possible for another to attend, I
send you my most humble and heartfelt gratitude and appreciation ...  I would
like to pass along word fame to the following for braving the heat of East Texas
on a sweltering July day, and for being so kind and receptive to the people we
met there despite the heat.  Please forgive my lapses in memory and misspelling
of some of the names.  You have made a grand impression on the people who came
and I will try to pass along the newspaper articles as I receive them.  We were
covered in the Crockett and Grapeland newspapers and was told by the Grapeland
reporter that she planned on doing two separate articles ... one on the Demo and
one on the SCA itself.

How many people (SCA) were there
47 (approx.) - many names have been gleaned from the photos that were posted on
FB and the web so forgive me if I missed someone
or have gotten any names wrong:

Baron Brian, Baron David St. David and his lovely wife, Mistress Jalali,
Mesterinde Annes Clotilde von Bamburg, Centurion Thorgard inn Svarti
Caitlyn the Celt, Don Charles and Kitsune, Sir Henri and his squire, Jonathan
Smith, Pace, Centurion Michael of Graves End, Margali, Alijah,
Kim Kissell (sorry don't remember her SCA name), Mistress Lorraine Deerslayer,
Chrestien Brule, Ly Ophelia, Ld Vincois, Angelique, Alaric
Sweinbrother, Tareija, Lord Devin, Ld Dietrich Stroebelart, Ly Gwen, Wolfon and
1 other heavy fighter (sorry I didn't get his name), Lord Yamai

shel Yaffa, HL Fedelm ni Uldhir (I believe) and 1 other gentleman, Ly Calena and
Ld Soren, Fiacha the Blue, Linda Young and Robin Daniel and one older

gentleman on a horse named Bill that was lovingly referred to as the "pocket
pony of the day" (don't know their SCA names),

there were also 2 ladies working on inkle looms with their escort under one of
the pavilions and I didn't get their names and 3 who came in

from Crockett (used to be from the West Kingdom I believe) that I didn't get
their names either.

Oh!  And, of course, Ld Thorkin of Blackthorne, my wonderful Lord who worked so
very hard all day in the heat, and your humble servant
Ly Katrina Alyse Argo.

Chivalric Fighters
Baron Brian, Centurion Michael of Graves End, Chrestien Brule, & a gentleman who
came up with Wolfon but I can't remember his name

Rapier Fighters
Don Charles and Jonathan Smith

Equestrian Fighters
Fiacha The Blue, Linda Young, Robin Daniel[so sorry I don't remember your SCA
names], Lady Calena and Soren ...  and 1 other I did not

get his name but he was riding "Bill" (the pocket pony).  And let us not forget
the honorable and beautiful Rock, Bell and Ike ... magnificent

animals that made the day extremely special for many, many people.  Who could
pass up a picture that shows both a Medieval and Modern tank

in the same shot?

What 'crafts' took place and who participated in them?
Scribal Guild (Lord Devin), inkle weaving (I missed that but there's a picture
on FB), drumming (Alaric, Dietrich and 1 other), dancing (Tareija),
Armor and Weapons Museum (Ld Yamai shel Yaffa), blacksmithing (Sir Henri and his
squire), water bearing (Kim Kissell and 2 others she
brought with her), Stargate MOC table (HL Fedelm ni Uldhir), Viking Encampment
(Centurion Thorgard inn Svarti, Mesterinde Annes Clotilde
von Bamburg, Mistress Lorraine Deerslayer, Lord Thorkin of Blackthorne, Caitlin
the Celt), Public Relations and Information Station (Mesterinde
Annes and Caitlin the Celt and well as Ld Yamai), Boccie Ball (Don Charles and
Cadet)

I have heard nothing but glowing words for everyone ... the Chivalric and Rapier
Fighters, the Equestrian entourage and Sir Henri's blacksmithing, the Arts and
Sciences people, Lord Yamai's Armor and Weapon Collection, Centurion Thorgard's
Viking Encampment ... it truly became a magical day for everyone.  There is talk
in the wind of "doing this again" during a much cooler time of the year.

All of the pictures I have been able to gather from various sources are located
at
http://picasaweb.google.com/104548976518894436474/ToryLeeCantuBenefitSCADemo# if
you care to view them.

I would also like to thank those that were not able to attend the event due to
other commitments such as Round Table, but offered their advise and their
support to this endeavor.  Baron Tostig Logiosophia, Master Eule, HL Ciarnat of
Firethorn, Baroness Jan, Countess Margaret ny Connor, Michael Fenwick, Master
Caelin, Lady Runa of the Thundering Herd, Ly Mirabelis Genvah Zabaneh, Lord
Jean-Michel de Meaux ... your kind words and/or actions eased my mind and guided
my hands, and I will be eternally grateful.

And to my Pelican, Mesterinde Annes Clotilde von Bamburg, and her Lord,
Centurion Thorgard inn Svarti, Lion of Ansteorra ... I am so very, very grateful
and blessed to have both of you in my life.  Thank you for being my mentor and
my friends.

I remain your most humble servant,

In Service to to the Dream, and to Ansteorra,
Ly Katrina Alyse Argo