[Bordermarch] Greetings

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Jun 28 07:52:11 PDT 2010

Unto Lord Chrestien Brule,

While making a new string for your Lady's bow, I had the good fortune of being able to examine the bow while it was in my possession. I instantly recognized that it had been made from a fine piece of lemon wood harvested from the heart of an ancient Guava tree. It's rich unblemished dark golden patina told me that its previous owner had taken great care not to overdraw the bow. There were no tell-tale signs of cracks where the wood's fiber had been strained. I had to string the bow several times to make the new bowstring and it never displayed signs of breakage.
I can only conclude that the bow shattered because of your habit of stretching out your arms to their fullest reach whilst on your knees begging. Although you might believe that you did not overdraw the bow the fact that it shattered is testament to the contrary.
Take pleasure in the fact that you could draw the bow far enough to break it because it was a very strong bow originally made for either a petite lady or a gentle man.
My advice to you concerning your sore overworked knees is to find a new line of work that does not require begging!

HE Santiago

Well I hope this letter finds all in good health, good spirits, and cooler temps. I just wanted to write a little something about what happened this past week, and why I was not at Populace.

I worked a little too much this past week and my knees were just killing me. I stayed home with packs of ice and my legs kicked up.

I wish to thank HE Santiago for the completion of my ladies bow string. It was a fine piece of work. Once the bow and string was in my possession, I did what any good mate would do. I strung the bow for my lady. I think that HE knew I would do this and he sabotaged the bow. The bow was rated at 35 pounds at 29 inches. I pulled the string back between 20 to 25 inches and the bow snapped into 3 pieces!!!  I know that HE was setting me up for failure. The bow broke into very sharp pieces, one of which slide up my arm. Blood went every where!! Being the brave soul that I am, I removed the shard of wood from my arm. I applied pressure to the wound by wrapping it tight. I sought out a witch that lives nearby. She supplied me with a salve that would heal me quickly. After just 2 days the wound healed without even leaving a scar!!

So now I must find a new bow for my lady.

Have a great day everyone,

Lord Chrestien Brule
Captain of "The Phoenix"
Captain of The Bordermarch Navy (see "Unto The Noble Barony Bordermarch"
in Dec. Trumpeter)
Rapier Marshal For the Great Barony of Bordermarch
King of my lady's heart