[Bordermarch] Gulf Wars XIX

justinw at dreammakersetx.com justinw at dreammakersetx.com
Sun Mar 21 11:40:14 PDT 2010

To Their Excellencies and the populace of Bordermarch,

     My stories of Gulf Wars are great and many. I will do my best to
sum them up, for I need to get back on my ship, if I have a ship
anymore, quickly to tend to my duties.

     We got the wagon loaded Friday morning and began our , Sewallis and
I, journey east. The trip out was uneventful. We arrived just in time to
get armored up, inspected and rushed to the ravine for a battle unlike
any I have ever experienced before. Fighters from all over the Known
World were assembled on opposite ends of the ravine, waiting to charge
and claim control. We found the Coastal Captain and stood with him.
Sewallis and I were the only 2 rapier fighters representing this great
barony. Now I know the first thought you have "Dear Lord, NO!!!" but
fret not, we represented the entire Barony appropriately and valiantly.
I can not tell you how many we sent to the afterlife, but I do know I'd
have to take my boots off to count them up... In Rapier, Ansteorra swept
the points. I believe the chivalric fighters dropped the ball and lost 2
events....However in their defense, I was informed that the Chivalric
fighters "let" them have a few points so as not to discourage them for
next year. It came from a reasonable source, so I halfway believe it.

     It was announced that on April 17th at the Stargate Baronial, Don
Modius will be elevated to Knighthood. Don Kael and his Lady will be
elevated to Baron and Baroness.

     For anyone that has not attended a Gulf Wars event, I encourage you
to try it. This was my first, and defiantly not my last. The site is
huge, the people amazing, and the shopping.....UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Sewallis
and I were in awe with the experience. Next year, we hope to get there
sooner and spend more time fighting.

     On Saturday morning, there was a laundry list tourney. Prior to the
match HE Dona Leah la'Malchanceause  took on 2 new cadets, Sewallis de
Shirley of Bordermarch and Grainne NicPadraig from the Shire of Trelac.
The 3 of us, plus 2 others from foreign lands, took the field. We made a
good showing. The list was short so it actually turned into a "fight
until you get tired tourney" Everyone won.

     We received news that a terrible storm was approaching so we packed
up camp and headed for home. The last report that I received was that
the Gulf Wars site was getting snow, this first day of spring.

     That is all I have to report. If anything comes to mind I will pass
it along.

Lord Chrestien Brule
Captain of "The Phoenix"
Captain of The Bordermarch Navy (see "Unto The Noble Barony Bordermarch"
in Dec. Trumpeter
King of my lady's heart