[Bordermarch] Potluck Gone Wild

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 02:30:58 PDT 2010

Greetings to the Barony,

As we near the one-month-away phase of planning, I'd like to ask for a rough
head-count of diners at the Baronial Pot Luck on Friday night of Melees, and
also anyone who would like to have dinner with us Saturday evening as well.
We look to have plenty of food in the works throughout the entire weekend,
but each meal will be better served if I can give estimates to the cooks.
Also, if you haven't yet volunteered a dish, or have no idea what might be
needed, we still have a couple of blank spots and HE Elizabeth is always
full of ideas!

Here's another brief run-down:

Thursday 11/18 (supper only)

Foil Packets
Chicken & Stuffing

Friday 11/19
Breakfast:

Cocoa provided, hot water for your preference
Fruit/Spice breads & butter

Lunch:

Cold Cuts, cheeses, eggs, tortillas/rolls
iced tea

Dinner:
Pasta fagiole
Garlic bread & homemade butter
Salad
Wassail

Saturday 11/20
Breakfast:

Rissoles (meat & egg pies)
Wassail/cocoa/hot water as needed

Lunch:

Cold Cuts, cheeses, eggs, tortillas/rolls
iced tea

Supper:
Gumbo
Rice
Breads/butter/cheese

If I have left off your contribution, it's because you haven't spoken up
recently and did not put a name on your commitment.  There will be lots of
leftovers to set out as well and I haven't even mentioned desserts which I'm
sure will be present and available.  This is shaping up to be a very
well-fed event for Bordermarch!

I would like to support our visiting taverns as well and point out that
something yummy will be provided and available to anyone who misses our pot
luck or doesn't like us enough to eat with us or just doesn't like whats on
the menu.  Our food-merchanting friends are generous, reasonable, and fun to
visit, so don't forget about them!

Yours in Food Service,
~Jillian