[Bordermarch] Melees Pot Luck 2011

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 07:58:50 PDT 2011

That's right good gentles...it's that time again!

Yes, the Bordermarch Baronial encampment will be hosting our Community Pot
Luck again on the Friday night of melees.  Yes, I will be your grateful
Coordinator.  No, this is NOT the last time you'll hear from me on this
subject!

I'd really like to have a chili cook-off this year for our Pot Luck night.
Any ideas are welcome, as well as any offers of food, cooking/prep time or
locations, camp cooking equipment for loan, or food storage for the actual
event.  I really want a lot of feedback on this, and we are constantly
trying to improve everyone's experience so if you have any thoughts, share
them!

This year we need to take special care that we all do our parts so that no
one feels overwhelmed in making our camp a Happy Home for all the Barony and
our invited guests.  If you bring something, and I sincerely hope you do,
let me know what you're bringing, what kind of prep it will need, if you
need/want storage or a place to prep or cook.  The barony and its members
usually have several camp stoves for use, large coolers, tables, fire
pits...we can find something to make it work, as long as we're all willing
to make it happen!

Hopefully later today or early tomorrow I'll have a more organized letter
detailing some of the actual meal-planning that we'll need for the weekend.
Last year we tried to eat every meal together, or at least have it available
for everyone camping with us, and I absolutely loved it!  Let's do that
again?

Please pass this along to anyone not on the list, and encourage them to GET
on the list :)

Stay cool today, and think of how nice the weather will feel come November!

I remain...

--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB
*
"...**very fond of rum pots, crackpots, and how are you, Mr. Wilson?"*