[Bordermarch] Populace 1-27-11

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Fri Jan 28 10:56:32 PST 2011

Greetings Bordermarch,

I was absolutely astounded by the number of Bordermarcher's who after shouting, "NO!, NOT NOW!, NOT EVER!!" to their bowls of tuna casserole, donned their beaver skin hats in anticipation of a long awaited journey in the night's total semi-darkness. Each traveler walked a separate path that ultimately lead them to the secret back room in Beaumont's Gander Mountain store.

Although the smell of flame-broiled soy/beef caused me to stray from my own personal path, I still managed to arrive at the Gander gates before the others.
While waiting for the next arrival, I colored all the blank spaces in the new January issue of the Trumpeter using the single red crayon that I carry in my shoe for emergencies.

I learned that no one like a loser by watching 'The Edge of Wetness' on the Johnny Carson show years ago.

The populace meeting kicked off with our new Seneschal, Lady Padraigin, taking charge of her officers. She had them all spout off their latest reports, and only forgot to call on but a few of the officers.

Lord Biau has applied to become a Deputy Knight Marshal and made Lord Zane very happy.
Lord Thomas is in the process of becoming a Deputy Rapier Marshal, and that will make Lord Chrestien very happy.

Countess Tessa has accepted a position as Coastal Regional Hospitaler and has turned the local Hospitaler office over to Lady Angelica.
Our thanks go out to Countess Tessa for the splendid work she did as our local Hospitaler for the last two years.

M'Lord Atli is now officially Bordermarch's A&S Officer and is plowing full steam into the workings of the office.
Our thanks go out to Lord Nikolai for maintaining the A&S Officer position for the last two years.

Lord Biau is our new Scribal Officer and supersedes HE Therese who held the office for quite awhile.
Our thanks go out to HE Therese for stepping up to become our new Exchequer, and for anything else we con her into doing.

I believe Lady Jillian informed the populace that as our local Herald she would be thrilled to spend as much time as it takes to do all the researching required for anyone wanting to get their name and device registered. I think she offers this service because she is kind.
Lady Jillian shared with the populace some sugar-coated pistachio meatballs she had recently made. She gleaned the recipe from a website called www/MedievalBeMe.ork .
They were delicious! I think M'Lord Atli ate most of them.

Whenever I stared at my half-eaten pistachio treat sitting before me on the table, I started to think about white clay figurines with good face-bad face features. The pistachio treat eventually began to frighten me!

Our scribal officer, Lord Biau, has presented to Kingdom an offer to hold a Scribal Symposium at the Art League building in Beaumont. The Scribal Symposium would more than likely include not only Scribal people, but Heralds as well! They seem to fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.
Our Scribal Guild will be meeting this Sunday at the Art Studio on Franklin street in Beaumont around 6:30pm?
Anyone and everyone are welcome to attend and participate. Calligraphy and illumination will be taught, and you needn't worry about never having tried your hand at either before. There should be some loner supplies there, but bring whatever scribal stuff you've got.

The Bordermarch audit continues so send in a list of anything you have the belongs to the barony. Send your list to Treasure at Bordermarch.org<mailto:Treasure at Bordermarch.org> .

We also discussed Gulf War, A&S Day, our upcoming baronial, and Lord Slovaczek's continuing quest to find a water hose with a collapsible rubber nipple that he can utilize for the fighters rehydration needs during war. All ideas will be welcomed by Lord Slovaczek. (I do remember seeing one while touring with the band years ago, but it was in a bar in New Mexico and I can't remember the name of the place).

I've been taught by someone smarter than me that folks become disenchanted with an article if it contains nothing but verbiage. The trick to forestall the disenchantment is to break-up the monotony of the verbiage by judiciously placing a photo or piece of artwork somewhere on the page being read.
I will use that publishing skill now and ask the reader to visualize a half-eaten sugar-coated pistachio meatball rolling diagonally across this page leaving tiny green bits of chopped pistachios and some brown stuff in its wake.