[Bordermarch] B&B Update

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 17:19:53 PST 2011

Dear Populace,

Santiago and I will not be attending Gulf Wars this year.  Santiago's work load
has recently doubled due to the closing of Conex another engineering firm that
had many contract workers in the refineries. This along with no comp-time in his
vacation bank makes it impossible for us to consider playing for a week. We wish
all of you that are going a safe and event-filled time with lots and lots of
memories and stories to tell. Keep us posted!!

I personally would also like to say how much we appreciate the understanding
ears and supportive shoulders as our family goes through a trying time. We have
said little up until now but have over the last year been supporting our
youngest son Austin fight a long drawn out paternity suite for his daughter
Emma. It has required many days in court and supervised visitation where one of
us(David or I) must remain with him when Emma is here. It has been best for me
to stay home to help him become comfortable and confident in his new roll as a
dad and to teach him all that is necessary to care for an infant. Needless to
say we are overjoyed that we have a new granddaughter in our life and Austin is
doing super, but still there is sadness that Emma's mother tried to deny her a
dad.  This too shall pass and we remain strong as a family. It is with the
support and understanding of you, our friends that has helped us make it this
far. We hope to share Emma with you soon and I look forward to attending
practice and populace again.

We both will be attending Saturdays A&S Day and look forward to seeing many of
you there.

As always God's Grace to you all,

Their Excellencies
Elisabeth et Santiago