[Bordermarch] It's Almost Here!!

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 05:40:29 PST 2011

Like I said....

Come one, come all!

As winter draws to a close and WAR looms close on the horizon, we gather
once again to share knowledge, food and company at another

BORDERMARCH ARTS & SCIENCES DAY!!

House D'Ivoire welcomes you to a sampling of classes and fighting for a day
of great fun!  Mistress Tessa will teach us to prepare sumptuous meals in
primitive campfires.  Baron Armand will refine us into more graceful and
courteous players.  Lord Phocas and our new Minister of Arts & Sciences,
Atli Karlsson, will share their expertise in new crafts.  Baroness Therese's
pottery shed will be open all day and we'll finish with Baroness AmberLea's
Bardic Sing-a-Long.  A basic heraldry class and consultation table will also
be available.
Classes start at 10 am and end when we all go home.
Classes are loosely arranged as follows:
Outdoor Cooking with Mistress Tessa: 10 - 12 - donations appreciated to
defray the cost of the raw materials, no class limit.
Bamboo Flute-making with Lord Phocas: 11 - 12  - all supplies/handouts
provided, pocket/eXacto knife helpful
Marshaling with Baron Armand, Count Sir Simonn & Lord Zane: 11 - 12 - no
supplies needed, demonstration fighters appreciated
     (This will be in mini-tourney style and continue off and on throughout
the day for both rapier & chivalric fighters!)

LUNCH!! 12 - 1 (or thereabouts)  We'll enjoy Mistress Tessa's efforts as
well as share our own contributions.  There will be a pot luck lunch with
many open grills and fire pits of which to make use.  Barony Bordermarch
will provide some basic meats to enjoy.  Please bring a side dish or dessert
to share and chairs for your comfort.

Beginning Chainmail with Atli Karlsson: 1 - demonstration and
'try-your-hand' at 2 different link patterns
Courtly Graces with Baron Armand: 1:30 - Come let Roo teach you how to tell
one hat from another!
Field Etiquette with Baron Armand, Count Sir Simonn & Lord Zane: 2 - 3 -
another field demonstration class, fighters much needed!
Basic Heraldry & Submissions with Baroness AmberLea & Lady Jillian: 2 - 3 -
all supplies provided.  Consultation on personal submissions and acceptance
of submission forms also available as needed.
AmberLea's Sing-a-Long: 3 pm until we're tired of singing!  If you have a
particular song you wish to learn, or even a genre of songs, contact
AmberLea ahead of time so she will have lyric sheets available.

Therese's Pottery Shed: Open all day!  Therese will make available her
excellent teaching skills, wheel & clay for any who wish to partake.  There
will be some specialized firing processes to demonstrate as well.  There
will be a $5 fee for any finished pieces to be fired, so that we take care
of HE Therese's electricity costs.

Newcomers are most welcome and garb will be optional for this informal
gathering of friends.  Carpooling may be available upon
request/arrangement.  We hope to see you there!

*Directions to Jungle D'Ivoire:

Make your best way to US HWY 105.
Therese's house is directly across from Legacy High School, between Major
Dr. & N. Keith Rd., but her front driveway is tiny.
Traveling toward Sour Lake, turn south/left onto Major Drive and west/right
onto Tolivar Rd.  Not quite 1 mi on the right is your destination, just past
Kathy Rd.
Traveling toward Beaumont, turn south/right onto N. Keith Rd. and east/left
onto Tolivar Rd. If you cross Kathy Rd., you've gone too far.
Parking is allowed all along Tolivar and at the Legacy High School across
the street from Therese's front door.*

I wouldn't plan on parking in the back yard, as that's where the fighting
will be held (and hopefully most of the classes).  This will cut down on the
vehicular manslaughter occurrences.  Or manicular vehicle-slaughter, as the
case may be.

Party Steward:
Jillian Saint Andre
saintesun at gmail.com