[Bordermarch] Baby Pickles

Thelismar at bordermarch.org Thelismar at bordermarch.org
Thu May 19 10:18:08 PDT 2011

Two weeks ago at practice a certain Don Somebody said that because I would
not be fighting in the Roses tourney I would be as the Artemisian army
refers to "holding the baby". My sweet lady wife hears this & is inwardly
appalled. She stated that no husband of her's is craven and we'll show
that Don Somebody. So when we got back to the Keep she made me, at dagger
point, go down into our dark, smelly dungeon and find the most hideous of
residents to adopt and bring to the event. It did not take long for
"Pickles", that is what we named her in honor of his Excellency, to find
me. She conveniently attached herself to my leg with her razor sharp
teeth. Thankfully I was still wearing my armor from fighter practice so
that the leather absorbed most of the mouthful of diseased needles. The
purple-clawed, little love monster scaled up my armor and tried to peel
away my breastplate to try and nurse on my still beating heart. Using my
daft wit and quick thinking I gave her one of the kittens who followed me
down to "enjoy". This seemed to calm Pickles. She "enjoys" kittens so much
that we are running low on our supply. Thankfully the event was only one
day away. That Saturday morning we caravaned with Count Simonn & Countess
Tessa to the event while Pickles and her favorite kittens rode in the back
of the wagon. Halfway there we met up with Don Somebody, his Lady Leecie,
& his Mother Kat. Thankfully, Don Somebody's ladies were there Thursday
night to witness his accusation. They were thoroughly amused with the
reception Don Somebody had when meeting Pickles for the first time. After
getting to the event and setting up, everyone had a chance to meet Pickles
for the first time. Everyone just "loved" her. They loved the way she
would knock over the lunch table, grab the meat, and then quickly steal
away under a chair to enjoy her just stolen loot. Everyone also loved how
she climbed into Mistress Jalali's ice box to escape the noon day sun only
to surprise M. Jalali later when she opened said box. Don Somebody
especially enjoyed the attention that Pickles and I gave him when he was
heavily engaged in rapier teaching and instruction. So much so in fact,
that he tried to instruct Pickles herself in swordplay only to find that
he'll have to replace his favorite schlagger blade after she chewed off
the top third of the blade. Sadly the day ended and our little party
returned home. The next day we could not find kind Pickles anywhere and
half of our kittens are missing. Still, if anyone has seen or found dear
Pickles please send her home to Don Somebody as we are obviously horrible
parents for losing such a special child...Thanks and good tidings, Ld and
Lady of Kitten's Keep Manor...