[Bordermarch] BAM "Greeter Soups and Such" are requested for Gate

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Sun Oct 9 12:51:09 PDT 2011

? You know how it is, when you've traveled in the chill or through late hours, after a flat tire,
and you get to gate somewhere
and some warm food draws your attention... but it just happens to be someone else's supper they are just finishing?
And then, you also know how it is to arrive in a drizzle rain at gate for BAM at 3:00 AM, and there, be offered a bowl of warm stew
or spaghetti or even a cup of broth or cocoa, and your whole being knows you have arrived at the place known for it's hospitality!

Their Excellencies Elisabeth & Santiago request me to organize "Greeter Soups and Such" for BAM gate arrivees (and for Gate Staff),
at least the opening THURSDAY all night and FRIDAY night,
Thus, I am requesting your assistance because many of you are always saying:
"What do you need? How can my household help?" or "I cannot attend but I can send..."

I will have a turkey-size electric roaster in which the "Soup or Such" you provide can be heated.
Also a smaller elec crock pot.
Bowls and tableware will be available so arrivees can conveniently be served and dig in.
All you are asked to do is supply a quantity of good stuff that can be warmed up right away.

Mistress Jalali has already volunteered to have something warm and plentiful at gate FRIDAY night,
measured by the gallons, she has said.  (Wow, Thanks!)
So we are looking at needing provision for THURSDAY through the night.

Who among you is willing to get a quantity of "Soups or Such" ready for Thursday for Gate?

One gallon at a time from several contributors is wonderful, or
several gallons from one household is also great!
Make your choice of whatever you like to cook in quantity that will say "It's BAM. Be Warm. Be Welcomed !"

Please respond either on this baronial email line or contact me off line at tessa at gt.rr.com if you wish.