[Bordermarch] Melees Pot Luck 2011

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:58:41 PDT 2011

A few things have changed from last year's Community Campsite & Meal Plan:

1.) There will be a large pavilion central to the camp where food can be
prepared and hopefully some community storage will available for those who
need it.  Tables should also be set up there for camp use.  Cook to your
heart's content, but clean up your station before you leave!
2.) We're only planning one, maybe two if we get enough offered, group meals
for the event.  Anyone can and is welcome to offer to share their own
meals.  It's encouraged in fact!  We had a terrific time seeing everyone
throughout various points of the day and it was comforting to know that
someone/something was at 'home' waiting for you!  But we won't be organizing
official meals for the entire event as we did last time.
3.) Friday night will be Bordermarch Chili Night!  Some ideas of things to
bring are:

Several types of chili: make sure you note ingredients if you put anything
particularly spicy or offbeat in yours for allergy sufferers (our future
King is allergic to onions, for instance!)
Cornbread
Corn
Rice
Macaroni & cheese
Chips
Salsa
Salad(s)
Various green vegetables
Sweets!

What else do you like to have with chili?  This dish can be so very
personal, everyone has their own 'best' way of filling it out; I'd love to
share all the ways our Barony can bring this meal together!  So step up and
let me know what you can bring to share for our family meal.  I'll be
reposting every week until we get closer.  If anyone would like to get
together for a cooking day or needs equipment/storage before or during the
event, let me know so we can arrange that as well.  If you have storage or
equipment you can loan out or plan to bring and make available, please post
that as well; all are welcome!

Loving the new 'chili' weather we've gotten...

--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB
*
"...**very fond of rumpots, crackpots, and how are you, Mr. Wilson?"*