[Bordermarch] Benefit Tourney

James Wickham wick7343 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 13:17:22 PDT 2011

Saw this on the Armour Archive forums....benefit Tourney in Fisher, LA next month.  All I know is what is posted.

"There is a little boy in Florien, LA named Dawson
Lowe that is 10 yrs old has less than 2mths left to live for he is dying of cancer.  His one true love is the middle ages, and several local SCA gentles are working with the Make a Wish Foundation to bring a day of
medieval games to him.  I am asking all available ladies and lords to
join us on October 8th and bring this wonderful dream you share and play to a little boy for one day.  The township of Fisher, LA (a few miles
from Florien, LA) has offered their site where they host the annual
Sawmill Days Festival. There will be melees and a donation list to where all proceeds will go to him.

For more information either PM me or contact Gordon Parler, SCA THL Thorgard, at 318-481-7642."

"New information.

The tournament will be a Last man standing list,
 it's like a standard double elimination list with a twist.  All
participants will need to pay and entry fee into the list.  Once
eliminated, participants can buy their way back into the list.  All
proceeds will go directly to the family, who is in more need than ever.
 Dawson's mom, Anette, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  If
anyone would like to make a donation but can't make it to the event I
have an address for donations to be sent directly to the family.

Thank you for your support in this endeavor, the honor and generosity of Armour Archive members never ceases to amaze me.

paul"

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139662