[Bordermarch] Exciting New Demo Opportunity

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 13:06:48 PDT 2012

Bordermarch Populace,

This year the barony has been asked to participate in the first annual Renaissance Festival in Lumberton being held at Adventure Kingdom Miniature Golf Coarse. This will be a demo for us, the second of the year(two are required). The dates are Sat. Nov 3 from 10 am -6 pm and Sunday Nov 4 noon-6 pm. Garb is mandatory and there is no admission fee for those that are participating in the demo. We need any and all volunteers as this will be a great way to get our group information out there and meet and greet new folks. If you or your family want to actual play and enjoy the festivities then the fees will apply(see website) http://www.adventurekingdom.com/events.php

Please bring your arts and science projects, sewing, pottery etc...as we will be demonstrating it all and be ready to mingle.  They also have a wonderful rock garden that would be great for story telling and barding.

Sunday Nov 4ths fighter practice will be held at the demo instead of Rogers Park that way we can have a really good showing. However we would like to have fighters both days.  Our space is under a big shade tree and will be roped off for the fighters. Dream Keepers Inc. will also be participating with a separate booth selling links and drinks for castle upkeep.

More at Oct populace meeting so please be there to learn the details or contact us on line or via phone 409-673-0897.

This is an awesome opportunity for Bordermarch. They are wanting us to participate each year and are willing to work around our scheduled event. The City of Lumberton is very interested in this endeavor as well and supporting what Adventure Kingdom is trying to do. Lets be as supportive as we can and increase our member numbers as well.

Yours in Service & With His Grace,

Santiago and Elisabeth
Baron and Baroness of Bordermarch