[Bordermarch] Bardic Prize Baskets

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 06:23:40 PDT 2013

Greetings Fair Barony!

This year's BAM will see new champions in both adult and youth bardic
categories for our great Barony.  While HE AmberLea and our current Bard
Lady Illaria are hashing out details of the actual competition, I have been
charged with gathering gifts and goodies for the two prize baskets.  Yay!

The general idea chosen is to have two *nearly* identical champion gifts.
Everything given in the one should be duplicated (or nearly) in the
other.   So...since Morgan is apoplectic about having a blank book in the
Youth Bardic prize, we will put one in the Adult's basket as well...and
like that.

If you have ANYTHING you think would be bard appropriate, please let me
know, bring it to me, give it to AmberLea or Thomas...anything!  If you
don't have two, don't worry about it, we'll try to find something to fit.
We have four months to fill these baskets...let's get going and make them
overflow!

Keep in mind our other Champions as well: A & S, Youth Archery & Equestrian
are all changing hands this year.

Some general ideas for the Bards:

story books/music with medieval themes
trim or buttons  (I want a LOT of trim & buttons to round out these baskets)
small games (cards, Go, etc.)
nonperishable snacks/drinks

I also need to speak with Lord Atli and anyone who took Phocas's
flute-making class or can make flutes.  Jump right in, folks!

Thankful for your generosity...

--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB
*
*
 *Beauty, strength, youth, are flowers but fading seen;* *Duty, faith,
love, are roots, and ever green.*

GEORGE PEELE, *Polyhymnia*
 **