[Bordermarch] Report: Who's hitting Bordermarch

Phocas of Bordermarch phocas at bordermarch.org
Sat Nov 2 08:47:28 PDT 2013

This is just for the inquiring minds, if there are any out there besides
Santiago and I who get into technical stuff and trivial data.

I've just been browsing the viewer stats for the Bordermarch.org website.
The website has gotten a lot of hits in the last month. Up over 800 hits
then the month before.
So I like to see where the hits(viewer coming to web site) are coming from,
then look at what pages they are viewing. how long are people visiting the
site?

Hits For the month of October: (how did they get to Bordermarch.org)
566 from Google
501 from the Ansteorran web site
114+ 159  Facebook
108 Mobile Facebook
43 Kingdom of Gleann Abhann event calendar

Most visited pages. Hits on BAM pages for October
/BAM/                                  1509 views
/BAM/BAMvendors.html 1250 views
/BAM/BAMChiv.html         407  views
/BAM/BAMClasses.html    346 views
/BAM/MaptoKeep.html      311
/BAM/ScheduleFriday.html 261
/BAM/BAMfees.html           209
/BAM/ChilliBardOff.html   204 views
/BAM/BAM CHIV BOOKLET 2013.pdf 118 views/downloads <---- That's impressive
and encouraging
/BAM/BAMRap.html 106
/BAM/BAMmapClose.html 98
/BAM/14CDeed.html 69
/Trumpeters.html 68
/BAM/BAMpolicies.html 65
/BAM/BAMChamp.html 64
/BAM/BAMArts.html 64
/BAM/Scribal.html 60
/BAM/BAMcontact.html 50
/Melees/ 49  <---------------Wow 49 people went to the "old" Melees page and
then 22 went on to the BAM pages.
/BAM/BAMEquest.html 47
/BAM/VRaid.html 46
/BAM/BAMYouth.html 43
/Trumpeter/12_December_Trumpeter-2012.pdf  42 <- Huh? interesting
/BAM/ChivSirJames.html 41
/BAM/BAMarchery.html 35
/BAM/BAM 2013 Vendor app.doc 21 <--- 21 people viewed/downloaded the vendor
app
/BAM/AuthFest.html 20
/BAM/KMEDance.html 20
/BAM/Bardic.html 15
/Melees/Merchants.htm 7  <-----Guess I need to clean up some old pages.

So how long did folks stay on the BAM pages?
30s-2mn       286 8.6 %
2mn-5mn      241 7.3 %
5mn-15mn   230 6.9 %
15mn-30mn 120 3.6 %
30mn-1h         92 2.7 %
1h+                   81 2.4 % ( I wonder how many were me sitting on a BAM
page in my browser)

And the burning question what operating system are BAM goers using and which
browsers?
 Windows    75.5 %
 Macintosh  11.8 %
 Linux              7.6 %
 Unknown      4.9 %
===================== the hit counts here are for all 3 of my websites
MS Internet Explorer  31436 40.7 %  yes, that is over 31 thousand visits to
one of my 3 websites in JUST October!
Google Chrome           16020 20.7 %   and then another 16 THOUSAND hits
from Chrome users
Firefox                           13365 17.3 %   Plus another 13 Thousand
Safari                             10213 13.2 %  and another 10 Thousand
Unknown                         2997 3.8 %
Mozilla                             2256 2.9 %
Opera                                 568 0.7 %
iBrowse                               94 0.1 %
Nokia Browser (PDA/Phone browser)  55 0 %
Netscape                          48 0 %      *48 people are still using
Netscape.hmm. Actually that is 48 hits not people, could have be one person
who went to 48 pages, but more likely 12 people who went to 4 pages each.