BVC - Intro to mailing list [SCA]

Gwen Morse goldmoon at northeast.net
Wed Dec 23 13:32:24 PST 1998

At 12:57 PM 12/23/98 -0600, "Christina" wrote:

>> My name is Gwen Morse, and I'm very new to cordial making. I plan to start
>> brewing mead during the New Year (so many activities, so little time).
>
>Welcome aboard!

Thanks :).

>> You can find
>> information on these cordials in my web pages (link below in .sig) if
>> you're actually curious :).
>>

>I was.  ;>  When the time comes, I'd love to hear how the burst o'berry
cordial
>turns out.  It sounds delicious.  Do try pomegranate cordial.  It's _very_
good.

I will be sure to share the results of the taste test with everyone :).

>> My first love is garb, but, I'm always looking for something "new" that has
>> a trade-able component to it. Enter mixing cordials and making mead...
>
>Try a cyser sometime.  That's a mead with a cider base instead of a water
base.
>They are _very_ good, and are drinkable sooner.  I noticed that several of
your
>cordial recipes included apple juice, so I thought that I'd suggest cysers.

How does using cider speed the aging? I read a mention that apple juice or
cider would speed the aging of one of the longer cordials by a month, and I
was wondering how that worked.

I still need to save the funds for carboys and assorted equipment before I
start on making mead. That will be AFTER Christmas...<sniff> which is
really too bad because I had hoped to make mead in time for Pennsic...

Gwen

---
Gwen Morse // mailto:goldmoon at geocities.com
   http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1579/
Jennifer Yellowmoon (Children of Gaia Theurge)
Eachna dalta Aonghus (5th Century Irish Celt)
Roleplayer, re-enactor, and collector of CCG's