BREW - Mailing list, contest and charter...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Jan 10 18:47:50 PST 1998

Good Morning,

  I have setup a mailing list (I think correctly) for the discussion of
  the charter in the short term. In the long term it will be used for a
  Kingdom-wide brewing related mailing list. This is setup as a public
  list with messages going back to the list by default. The address is:

  Brewing at Ansteorra.ORG

  I have put the following on the list to start:

  Pug
  Tuh-Tahl
  Og
  Clare
  Chris
  Magdelena (I don't know if she can continue from her work account)

  I realized something the other day when Clare asked what the
  guidelines for the contest were. We don't have a flier ready for it. I
  can easily put one together, but what do we want to say? I'm assuming
  a half-page flier at this point.

  We need to say that:

  There are 4 categories, beer, wine, mead and cordials.
  The overall first place will be a wooden press.
  Bottles must be 12oz or larger (might be in the rules later instead)
  Bottles must have no label or markings (might be in the rules later instead)

  We *might* say that there might be specials in each category for:

  First started brewing on or after February 1, 1998
  Batch started on or after February 1, 1998
  "Period style" or period recipe ("pre-Digby" documentation)

  All of the bottles will be marked on site by whomever checks them in.
  The judges will not know who got marked how and should avoid being
  near the check-in to avoid temptation. The markings will be worked out
  later.

  We will have plenty of time to work out the judging criteria, but I'd
  like to publish it this summer or fall so people know what we're looking
  at for each style.

  Of course the guild charter must come before that.

  NOTE: For convenience and reference sake, this mailing list is archived at:

        ftp://ftp.ansteorra.org/sca/archives/brewing

Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "We have a constitutional right to make
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   fools of ourself."
House Flaming Dog     |   --Lawyer on NPR regarding
pug at pug.net           |     the Unabomber self-defense