BVC - beer names

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 29 06:42:26 PDT 1998

>With names like these, it makes me wonder if they were trying to pull
>something over on us with "cock ale".

That's what I thought.  As I plow through the book I'll list some other
info.  One thing I thouhgt was interesting is that the price of beer, ale,
and bread fluxuated due to the price of grain.

The other thing I thought was of interest just in glancing at the book was
that distilling was used in Europe as early as the 12th century.  I'll try
to read about what type of distilling and if it has any other pertinent
info.

Clare