BVC - BVC---Alive and Well

CDCasey2@aol.com CDCasey2 at aol.com
Sat May 30 08:52:19 PDT 1998

<<I have been using good ole soap and water >>

ACH, NEIN!  Soap & detergents leave residues that can affect flavor & head
retention.  B-brite works great for general cleaning & sanitizing, & iodophor
is a good sanitizer if it's clean.  If you really want a carboy sterilized,
put a little water in it & some foil over it.  Then leave it in the oven over
night at about 275F.  Of course, I've never tried this with a carboy before, &
am not sure if one would even fit in an oven.  But wet heat is the best way to
truly sterilize brewing equipment.

chris