BVC - Williams Mead Question

Jon Loeliger jdl at jdl.com
Mon Nov 2 06:43:46 PST 1998

OK Mead Fans,

I have one of those silly questions that someone out there just
might be able to answer...

Yesterday, I started a batch of mead using a "Williams Mead Kit".
One of the items it contained was the mysterious "spice" package
that was dropped in the boil at the beginning of the boil.
Naturally, they don't tell us what was in this spice package.

Anyone out there have any idea what it might have been?  It was
a vaguely dark tan to medium brown-ish, fine powder.  Maybe smelled
like it had a *small* corriander component, maybe a small nutmeg
component, but I could be imagining those as I really don't know
what was in it at all.

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Thanks,
jdl