BVC - Resources

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Nov 21 13:12:09 PST 1998

Damaris of Greenhill (damaris at io.com) said something that sounded like:
> > I have the book "The English
> > Housewife" and I've already asked for "A Sip Through Time." What other books
> > can I ask for?  Where could I find peroid recepies?
> You might check out _The Ale Trail_ by Roger Protz.  It has a lot of
> information about the history of ale and the historical and period
> practices that were used during the times we re-create.  I just got it
> and I'm finding it very interesting reading.

  We are trying to keep a list of references as part of the handbook. If
  you have other additions to this, such as this book, please send me
  information so I can put them up for others to look for. This not only
  allows us to briefly critique a book, but gives others an idea of what
  books other Ansteorrans are actually using.

  Books on this page are "primary", secondary and tertiary for period and
  out of period.

  If interested, you can jump straight to this page at:

http://southern.ansteorra.org/bvc/appendix5a.html