BVC - Low Extraction Rates

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Wed Nov 25 07:48:34 PST 1998

At 05:32 PM 11/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I keep getting low extraction rates
>from my mash every time I brew.  (By low, I mean sugnificantly lower than the
>recepie calls for - like 1.040 rather than 1.052)  Let me review my practice,
>and see if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong:

Okay, sorry for the delay, I'm really not ignoring anyone, it has just been
a really nasty little week on the network here.

Let me sit down and review this tonight, and I'll see what I can come up
with to fix the problem.  It just sounds like a simple conversion problem.

What type of grain are you using?  Wheat? 2-row English Pale, 2-row
American Pale, or 6-row American Pale?  The Maltsters brand name would be
nice just for my notes, and would probably be inconsequential.

I'll post back as soon as I reread your message and review a couple things  :)

Petruccio