BVC - LPT reminder..

Christina magdlena at texas.net
Tue Oct 27 11:28:03 PST 1998

Pug Bainter wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
>   This is a friendly reminder that Laurel's Prize Tourney is only 1 1/2
>   weeks away. Are all of you ready for your display? Are you ready for
>   the brewing round table?

ROFL!!!!

Ask me that next Thursday.

>   I've only heard from 5 people that they are attending. As well, I heard
>   there were very few people who were doing any alcohol displays at all.

    If I do a booze display and the round table, I will not be able to be at the
rest of my display for almost the entire afternoon.  I'm debating scrapping the
rest of my display, since I'll be able to attend it for possibly as much as 3
whole hours.  I suspect that most people made the other choice and scrapped their
alcohol.

>   What's up? Why aren't people displaying? What can we do to encourage
>   people to do more?

    See my above complaint.  I want to show off my vinting skills, or I'd've
scrapped my wine too.  LPT is suppossed to be a format to accentuate an artisan's
depth of skills through a body of work.  This one is set up to force people to
choose between alcohol, static, and 2 types of performance.  Most people are going
to choose static where they can show off more than one art form.    Honestly, I
wouldn't be surprised to find out that a lot of people haven't been paying
attention to the rules.  I imagine a number of people who do casual brewing are
planning to put out a bottle and haven't realised they have to notify Philip, or
haven't gotten around to it.  How many people have sent in a letter of intent at
all?  Do we know?

-Magdalena the also irked