BVC - LPT reminder..

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Oct 27 17:30:09 PST 1998

Bill Osterheim (Polydore at worldnet.att.net) said something that sounded like:
> While I have nothing ready to display (way toooo early for this summer's
> crop of wine to be ready), except one batch of wine (my first!) and some
> kit beers (personal privilidge here - I won't enter a beer unless I make
> it from raw ingredients).

Although a valient effort, how far do you take that?

I've read some period styles of mashing grain and what not, that I know
my lady wouldn't let me get away with, let alone would I want to put up
with the smell that long.

> Perhaps I should consider the wine. Hmmm. OK
> Now, quick, I need documentation! (grin!)

This is what I'm doing. I have a wine that was starte only about 8
months ago. It is just bottled a week ago. My reason for entering it is
that it is my first attempt at a wine, and I did a side-by-side
experiment with a pyment at the same time.

Finding all the documentation for things I'd like to make sure to
mention was more difficult that I thought at first.

When was glass bottles with corks first used for wines? This has sent me
running all over the 'net and through different reference areas to
figure out. I *think* I have the answer for my documentation now.

> I do intend to be at the brewing roundtable, in fact, it is one of the
> main reasons for me to be there.

I'm glad to hear that! I truly hope that I've set it up to be
informative as well as productive for us all.