BVC - book sources

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 2 06:06:57 PST 1999

Hold on and I'll give you some that I have found......

So far, superficially, most are coming from the 17th century.  So far the
one below is the earliest but I admit that I haven't been looking long nor
have I seen what hasn't been cataloged.
Most of the receipt books are coming from the mid 1600's.   I think looking
at what was going on in England, brewing afforded an early way for the
English Gentleman to start being interested in Scientific method (grin).
At any rate, I'll try to publish a listing of everything I find and get
access to.  It may be in parts.....

Wine, beer, and ale together by the eares a dialogue. / Gallobelgicus. /
London 1953(1629)

BTW, I found a book that is in open stacks on Women brewers in Medieval
England. Interested?

Clare