BVC - King's College...

Christina Biles christina.biles at ci.austin.tx.us
Fri Apr 9 08:10:00 PDT 1999

> I think this is a great idea.  It would mean deciding on a basic teaching
> event template, but that could be hammered out fairly easily at the
> Roundtable.  Since the basic class structure for the brewing track would
> already outlined, you would only need to find instructors for each.

Ummm...  I don't want to throw a damper, but I don't want to teach within a
defined template, and I doubt that I'm the only one.  I think that having
an all-day brewing classroom is great, and I like coordinating classes so
that we don't overlap too much.  I would like to classify our classes as
hands-on vs informational and beginner, intermediate, and advanced.  I like
the vaguely chaotic method in which people volunteer to teach whatever
classes they feel the urge to.  ;>  I guess I'm just an ardent
individualist at heart.  ;>

I'm planning to teach "Weird Herbs in Medieval Brewing and Vintning"
 (working title.....).   It's basically a tasting class.  I'm going to make
up 3 billion tiny batches of small mead, each flavored with a different
herb, spice, or fruit used in brewing, with examples of what the flavoring
looks like in person.  Speaking of which, do any of y'all know where I can
lay hands on clove-scented dianthus (aka clove gillyflower)?

-Magdalena