BVC - King's College...

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 18:31:28 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/11/99 10:28:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
magdlena at texas.net writes:

<< I have a question for all you beer brewers out there.  How long does beer
stay
 good?

I don't really know.  I've never had any last long enough to go bad. :)  I
know "shelf life" is a function of what you have in it (i.e. how many hops -
hope are a preservative) and alcohol content.  Barley wines, for example, are
said to get better with age.  I would assume this is because of its high
alcohol content and complex flavors.

I do know that the taste of beer changes over time - things oxidate and
mellow out.