BVC - King's College...

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 09:44:26 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/12/99 10:10:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
Chuck.Graves at faa.gov writes:

<<  And now for a question:

         Does anybody here know about gruit? >>

What do you want to know about it?  I've found a few recipies/descriptions of
what was in it.  (The real recipies were akin to the formulation of Coke
today - a "trade secret" closely guarded by those who made and marketed it.)

I've recently ordered some of the common ingredients, and hope to make a
batch of  ale using gruit sometime in the near future.  I've never done this
before, so it will be an experiment.