BVC - King's College...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Apr 21 07:16:00 PDT 1999

Christina (magdlena at texas.net) said something that sounded like:
> I do. I agree, it's a sensible progression, but I need a time slot
> between about 1 and 3.  I'm going to have mead out for tasting, and I
> don't want to risk anyone going home tiddly.  It should only be about
> 1-3%, but I'm still not willing to risk it.  4 to 5 is a little late in
> the afternoon.  I already asked for a slot shortly after lunch, but well
> before people start going home.

Ahh! I hadn't realized/thought about that. If the tasting is primarily
going to be meads, maybe it would make most sense to shift you to right
after the mead classes. While the class doesn't focus on meads, it would
be a good follow-up. Alternatively it could be right after the 2 beer
classes.

How about:

 8 - Intro to Period Potables (Brief overview of different alcohol styles -
       1 hour - Tadhg)
 9 - Mead (1 hour - Damaris)
10 - Mead hands-on (2 hours - Tadhg & maybe Damaris)
12 - Weird Herbs in Medieval Brewing and Vintning (1 hour - Magdalena)
 1 - Intro to Beers and Ales (1 hour - Petruccio)
 2 - Period All-Grain Beer Brewing (1 hour - Oxlade)
 3 - Cordials (1 hour - Mercedes)
 4 - Period Hypocras Making (1 hour - Pug)
 5 - Round Table (1 hour - Everyone)