BVC - Gruit Question

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 21 07:18:17 PDT 1999

 Damaris said:
>I showed this at LPT as an experiment and got some very useful comments
>from Master Petrucchio.  He said that hops, stimulate all aspects of the
>pallet; sweet, sour, bitter, and salt.  The herbs that were used in
>England before hops came into use were parsely, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
	So have you tried this combination yet?  I'd be interested.

	One of the herb magazines has an article on herbal beers.  I was
thinking about trying some out.  The article used them mostly as flavoring
and not as the principle ingredient.  One of the ones that looked like it
might be good was the yarrow.  Which would be a bittering agent.

Clare