BVC - King's College...

Collectively Unconscious swarm at warpcore.provalue.net
Wed Apr 21 07:43:41 PDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Christina wrote:

> I do.  I agree, it's a sensible progression, but I need a time slot between about
> 1 and 3.  I'm going to have mead out for tasting, and I don't want to risk anyone
> going home tiddly.  It should only be about 1-3%, but I'm still not willing to
> risk it.  4 to 5 is a little late in the afternoon.  I already asked for a slot
> shortly after lunch, but well before people start going home.

This strikes me as terribly wrong minded.

A real drunk will have their own booze and time of day is irrelevant.

In all my years I have never seen some one just guzzle a tasting sample
during a class or competition. In fact, I generally only pour a splash in
at a time because that is all the average person is willing to drink on a
taste.

If you don't trust people to behave responcibly during a class, how can
you trust them to use the information you are giving them responcibly?

Even my own mead, which I allow to ferment until completion and is quite
stiff, takes more that a taste to make some one "tiddly."

Hamlin