BVC - King's College...

Collectively Unconscious swarm at warpcore.provalue.net
Wed Apr 21 11:12:56 PDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Pug Bainter wrote:

> This is of course from someone who is not a chemist, biologist or any
> other kind of scientest. I do however know that I am affected
> differently by different types of alcohol.

You notice effects differently depending on the concentration, rate of
consumption and whether you have food in your stomac. There are no
different types of consumable alcohol. There is only ethanol. But how
you notice your impairment doesn't change the over all impairment.

The differing amounts of aldehydes can give you a worse hangover, but they
aren't going to make you more or less impaired.

You don't have to be a scientist to read what they write. Educating
yourself on your drug of choice is always a good idea.

Speaking of aldehydes and hangovers, dehydration and the liver being
forced into a less effecient aldehyde producing means of breaking down the
alcohol seem to be the main culprets. Drinking plenty of non alcoholic
beverages and taking a b multivit befor bed  seems to actually work in my
experience.

Jay