BVC - Gruit Question

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 16:57:05 PDT 1999

In a message dated 4/21/99 9:29:13 AM Central Daylight Time, pat at adtelusa.com
writes:

<< If there is a great interest in brewing with gruits, I'll start digging up
 everything I have in my
 resources for folks.   It would be interesting to actually brew a beer that
 appeals the the
 modern palate while using medieval gruit herbs.

 Sound interesting to anyone but Damaris?  If so, I'll post the information
 here instead of
 privately.

Yes, Yes, I am interrested!  I haven't done a tremendous amount of research
on gruit, but I have been interrested in trying them out.  To that end, I am
growing some rosemary in my back yard, and I have found an on-line source for
yarrow.  The other typical ingredient (as I've read) was bog myrtle.  I
haven't found any of that yet - perhaps it has to do with the fact that it is
toxic.  I'd love to dig into recipies for it.

Post away!!