BVC - Northern Regional Brew-Day?

OxladeMac@aol.com OxladeMac at aol.com
Sun Nov 7 18:17:46 PST 1999

Just returning from Kingdom A&S, I'm really pumped up about brewing.  For a
while there, I had kind of slacked off.  (Those of you who know me will find
that statement, er, rather amusing:)  Anyway one of the things the South has,
especially the Bryn Gwlad area, is an active brewing community.  I don't know
about you, but I really wish I had other brewers around.  (It's much easier
to figure out what you're doing wrong if you combine experience with other
brewers.  They may have already figured out the answers to your
questions/problems.)

I was wondering, on my LONG car ride home, if there would be any interest in
some sort of Northern Regional brewing brewers guild.  We could make some
stuff, have a mass tasting session, shoot the bull, ect...  I figured we
could pick an unoccupied weekend (snicker, what a funny thought) and have a
get-together.   I know Thanksgiving weekend, weekends in December, and the
first couple weekends in January always seem to be rather light on my
eventing schedule.  Any interest out there?  Any suggestions on what to do to
make it attractive/feasible?

Another thing, I have no idea how big the body of brewers in the Northern
Region is.  I know I've met several of you, but there is always someone
displaying at XYZ event that I've never heard of, and others that brew but
don't display.  I'd like to take a census poll of Northern region brewers.
If you would, please reply with the names, interests (beer, mead, ect..), and
home groups of all the NR brewers you know, regardless of thier activity
level.

Thanks