BVC - Northern Regional Brew-Day?

chuck.ctr.graves@mmacmail.jccbi.gov chuck.ctr.graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Mon Nov 8 06:53:53 PST 1999

     Great idea but it may take a fair amount of effort.

     Bryn Gwlad is lucky for having several people in a rather small area.
     The North is a little more spread out.  In the OKC area, we have a
     handful...especially in Norman. It is the residual core of the Namron
     brewers guild. The rub is getting them out...and getting them to play
     with others.

     I ascribe to the BVC definition of brewing (i.e., there is always a C
     for cordials.) The other Namron brewers consider cordials nothing more
     than a mixed drink. We pretty much agree to disagree...but they are
     family. (Count Finn has managed to pick up [apprentice] three of the
     four more active brewers in the North...careful, Ox, you may be next.)

     Alexander and Barat are still active as brewers (I counted 12 working
     carboys yesterday) but rather inactive in the SCA. The latter will
     change in time...but Barat has SEVERE arthritis and travel is very
     limited.

     Ditto for me on the inactive part...but I tend to have bursts of
     activity over the winter...especially when my stocks start depleting.
     They also get jockeyed against leather and armor projects.

     I'd be game for the non-holiday weekends. I'll try for Alexander and
     Barat but no promises.

     As for interests:
        me              everything
        Barat           MEAD and beer
        Alexander       mead and beer

     Not sure about the Tulsa area and I thought Mooneschadowe had a good
     start.