BVC - Northern Brewers

chuck.ctr.graves@mmacmail.jccbi.gov chuck.ctr.graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Wed Nov 10 09:27:03 PST 1999

>I would imagine that the instant has all the fat removed
>in the process which would probably impact the flavor some.
>However, I'm sure the flavor profile would be alot closer
>than cow's milk.  The entire concept of naming the product
>"Mare's Mate" doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence
>either  :)

I think they try to preserve the fat content...it's one of
the staples for any baby. It's also supposed to be much
higher in lactose (the recipes I have use milk with added
lactose).

Someone gave me a couple of pounds of the stuff once. I
think it was hoped to be a mare-based bainnecor. Now, if I
can just find the proper portion of water I should be set.