BVC - Growing list of Northern Brewers

Collectively Unconscious swarm at warpcore.provalue.net
Wed Nov 17 11:31:27 PST 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Niewoehner, Hugh wrote:

> There is a good topic for discussion.  Are wines and mead's really
> different?  I'm of the opinion that they're not.
> The process is essentially identical and therefore as an overall class they
> belong together.  Ditto your suggestion of splitting out fruit wines.
> Grapes are fruit, berries are fruit, etc.  The distinction, as with mead's,
> is the primary source of your fermentable sugars.

Are men and women really different? The process is essentially identical
and therefore as an overall class they belong together, or do they? While
the distinction is merely a fraction of a chromosome, it is the
distinction, not the similarities, that is most interesting. Sure, all
brewing has its similarities, but what makes for excellent mead vs wine vs
beer is fully grasping what makes each unique.

Hamlin