BVC - Pyments

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Oct 9 09:35:26 PDT 1999

Carl Chipman (cchipman at nomadics.com) said something that sounded like:
> Would any care to share a good pyment (either the kind where you add the
> grapes first or at the end) recipe? I am wanting to give it a try and want
> to know if there are any happy campers out there with some pyment recipes..

Sorry for taking so long. Been behind with mundane stuff.

I have one that I and others have liked very much. I did it as a
side-by-side with my first wine attempt. Of course I cheated and used a
wine-kit. All I did was instead of adding the 2 1/2 cups of sugar it
requested, I added 1/2 gallon of honey. The base I used was a
Johannisburg Riesling.

Other than that I've just worked with melomels and cysers.

I've been very happy with all of the different fruit/mead combinations.