BVC - question Chuck_CTR_Graves at
Wed Apr 12 10:29:44 PDT 2000

No...the catch is the definition of "rectify".  If producing cordials is
"rectifying" spirits, we can't do it.  If it is something akin to distillation,
we can.

Frankly, I don't know what the legal definition of "rectify"'s never
stated explicitly.


____________________Reply Separator____________________
Subject:    Re: Re[6]: BVC - question
Author: bvc at
Date:       4/12/00 11:33 AM

Chuck_CTR_Graves at (Chuck_CTR_Graves at said
something that sounded like:
> Of course, making cordials using spirits we've already paid that would make
> perfect sense...except for Oklahoma:

Naah. It still makes sense.

> Provided,
> that nothing herein shall prevent the possession and transportation of
> beverages for the personal use of the possessor, his family and guests, so
> as the Oklahoma excise tax has been paid thereon, except for beer.

Here is your catch. It is for personal use *and* you've paid the taxes
when you bought it at the store.


Phelim "Pug" Gervase   | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something 
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |  graceful about that lady. A young woman bursting with 
Dark Horde Moritu      |  vigor. She blinked at the sudden light. She writes
pug at            |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"
  Note: The views do not reflect the SCA nor the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
Go to to perform mailing list tasks.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: RFC822.txt
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 1428 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : /pipermail/

More information about the BVC mailing list