BVC - FW: define rectify

Chuck_CTR_Graves@mmacmail.jccbi.gov Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Wed Apr 12 11:24:53 PDT 2000

Thanks, Jean Paul, that's a keeper.

>   2. (Chem.) To refine or purify by repeated distillation or
>      sublimation, by which the fine parts of a substance are
>      separated from the grosser; as, to rectify spirit of wine.

>   3. (Com.) To produce ( as factitious gin or brandy) by
>      redistilling low wines or ardent spirits (whisky, rum,
>      etc.), flavoring substances, etc., being added.

The first segment I could find; these latter two address chemical processes
(which I desperately needed).

As far as I can tell, Oklahoma law would only preclude a cordial if it were
produced for sale.

Woo-hoo!!  Now, I can change the disclaimer on my classes...and let a couple of
folks up here know (who had stopped because they believed the practice was
illegal.)