BVC - question Chuck_CTR_Graves at
Wed Apr 12 12:57:25 PDT 2000

>However, I am not sure if there are any state laws prohibiting ir limiting
>the transport of these mixed drinks.

Within a state, no.  Across state lines, technically, yes.  In Oklahoma, you can
transport up to 1 liter of alcohol for which the Oklahoma excise tax has not
been paid.  I'm not sure what the quantities are for Texas.

Same basic concept of bootlegging when you bring any alcohol across state lines.
 I imagine home-brew is exempted because it's manufacture is exempted.  But if
it had an associated excise tax, i.e., it was purchased, then it gets
sticky...of course, most good cordials are sticky.  8^)


Go to to perform mailing list tasks.

More information about the BVC mailing list