BVC - Distilling machine

Niewoehner, Hugh hughn at ssd.fsi.com
Wed Aug 9 05:50:19 PDT 2000

Neat machine. Thanks for pointing it out.

The imposing part of legally distilling alcohol is the mountain of paperwork
required by the BATman.  I was thinking about seeing if I could get a permit
to distill one or two batches as an "educational experiment".  I dropped the
idea almost as soon as I started.  Too much hassle.  Perhaps someone
associated with a university would have an easier time of it.

The site below has several models available to the public.  IIRC the 5
gallon model is electrically heated and costs $750.  I don't even want to
think about the cost of the 10,000 gallon model.

http://www.winesupply.com/stills.htm

In addition to brandy, etc. they suggest making alcohol as a fuel additive
or, with a charcoal filter, for making distilled water.  Complete
instructions are included with each unit.

	Damon