BVC - Re: BVC: Meade instructions for beginners (fwd)

Collectively Unconscious swarm at warpcore.provalue.net
Tue Feb 8 14:25:26 PST 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Carl Chipman wrote:

> No, the whole story is that the honey @ sams might be (I almost said is)
> imported from China. The chinese have been caught doping the honey with
> Corn Syrup and not telling anybody.  Denny and I think it might be why one
> of our batches acted soooo weird.

Hmm, the US is a net exporter of honey. The Gov. subsadizes it by buying
up any surplus to keep prices high. It would be strange in an ag state
like OK to see bulk imported honey. I don't see that corn syrup would make
a batch weird either. Its pretty straight up sugar like honey is. It would
mainly just soften the flavor.

Weirder things have happened though...

Hamlin