BVC - Re: BVC: Meade instructions for beginners (fwd)

Collectively Unconscious swarm at warpcore.provalue.net
Wed Feb 9 06:44:14 PST 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Carl Chipman wrote:

> the story is here:
>
> http://www.apiservices.com/spmf/adulteration.htm

Hmm, upon skimming I failed to find any Ref. to Sam's. Most of the issues
seem to be european and relating to the 80's and 70's. We are mentioned as
having slapped import tarrifs and better detection techniques on our honey
imports. Also countries other than china are listed as possible
adulterers.

The bottom line, find a local bee keeper or look for the "made in" on the
label. "Blended" honey's would be the most suspect.

Local issues are still the most suspect for a batch that isn't acting as
one thinks it should.

Hamlin