BVC - Re: BVC: Meade instructions for beginners (fwd)

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Wed Feb 9 10:59:10 PST 2000

I do like the sweet meads also, but must admit that I couldn't fathom
sitting around the list field drinking it for very long. I am currently
wanting to learn how to make a good palatable, middle of the road mead that
will keep.

I guess I'm kinda interested in making the ice tea of meads :-)

JP

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com
http://www.nomadics.com

On Wednesday, February 09, 2000 10:45 AM,
Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
[SMTP:Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov] wrote:
> >> You know I have to ask this:
> >>     What is the definition of "traditional"?
>
> >Water, honey, yeast. No additives.
> >I tend to mistrust the 16th century trend to call anything with honey
> >mead.
>
> Isn't that like mistrusting us now. Beer is beer (stout to pale ale to
lager).
> They simply used the general category. We do the same with wine...
>
> The definitions for mead, metheglin, melomel, and pymeth, are modern.
We're the