BVC - Re: BVC: Meade instructions for beginners (fwd)

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 12:35:50 PST 2000

>  I would like to keep
> the flavor, but mainly lower the alcohol content.
>
> JP

    Wouldn't we all?  ;>  I'm about to try an experiment with using stevia to
sweeten with only enough sugar source for 8% alcohol.  The real question is
whether the stevia will impart too much flavor.  I don't think it would work for
meads though.  You could (blech!) add only enough honey to get to your desired
alcohol level, add sulfites, and then add more honey later.  If I have my
chemicals right, the sulfites should inhibit further fermentation.

-Magdalena