BVC - Re: BVC: Meade instructions for beginners (fwd

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Wed Feb 9 13:07:11 PST 2000

I thought about trying to use the Sun to kill the yeast, but that didn't
work. I guess the amount of UV rays deposited means that it would probably
take weeks to use the sun, and that would be too long. Unless of course I
was able to spread the mead out into a thin pool, which would increase the
penetration by the UV and would maximize the UV energy received.....
hmmmm......

JP

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.
cchipman at nomadics.com
http://www.nomadics.com

On Wednesday, February 09, 2000 3:01 PM,
Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
[SMTP:Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov] wrote:
> >    Wouldn't we all?  ;>  I'm about to try an experiment with using
stevia >to
> sweeten with only enough sugar source for 8% alcohol.  The real >question
is
> whether the stevia will impart too much flavor.  I don't think >it would
work
> for meads though.  You could (blech!) add only enough honey >to get to
your
> desired alcohol level, add sulfites, and then add more >honey later.  If
I have